- Make certain no loose clothing is caught in the lift before unloading.
- Lift the bar when you reach the unloading area (always wait to see the “Raise the bar” sign).
- Keep your tips up and when you reach the “Unload Here” sign, stand up and slide down the ramp.
- Move quickly away from the unloading area. If you happen to fall or leave something behind, keep your head down (to avoid getting hit by the carrier) and clear out of the way as soon as you are able. The lift operators are able to assist you.
Surface lifts - such as tbars, platters, conveyors and rope tows follow many of the same guidelines as above.? Also note:
- Stay standing for the entire ride. Never sit down.
- Only unload in the designated unloading area ? do not get off the lift prior to the “Unload Here” sign.
- If you fall, clear the track quickly.